Thursday, June 4, 2009

I found Pipi Longstocking!

When I was a teen my sisters and I found this really different show - Pipi Longstocking on a PBS station. We watched it even though it was pretty bad. It was a french show that had been re-voiced by American actors so of course the lips didn't match up. This morning as I was making breakfast I turned on the television and was channel surfing and what shows up - but Longstocking de Pipi! It was the same show - but this time with Italian voice-over. I sat and watched it mainly because I couldn't believe that the tapes still existed and partially because I had as a kid. It hasn't changed. Even in Italian it was bad.

The last thing I needed to setup in the lab were the printers. Last night as we were getting ready to leave for the day they arrived. I spent the better part of the morning adding them into my rogue network I have created with my laptop serving as the server. Music for today is Gaelic Storm - I hope that its legal to listen to Irish music while in Italy. So far no one has complained.

I installed Skype on all the machines as well. This is pretty boring talk and I apologize, just wanted to let you know I am working in between all the fun walking around.

Tonight we are going to Seven's place (a bar the students have adopted) it is owned by Seven - who is the seventh son born in his family and so they named him seven. Just a little Italy trivia for you. He has offered to buy the group dinner and drinks. I think this may bankrupt him. Obviously he has not fed teenagers before and ones on budgets are even worse! I have been paying attention to more of the shops around the square as I walk back and forth. They have some neat things. I will have to see what I can fit in my suitcase on the way home.

Just a couple more Italian pointers and then I'll let you go for today. One - when ordering bottled water make sure you specify 'Naturale' or you will get carbonated. Two - cats in Italy don't like bread tossed at them (they hiss), and Three - people get upset when you leave bread out for cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment